Saturday 4th of July–Sunday 5th of July
The sixth annual Galway Garden Festival will take place again this year at Claregalway Castle on Saturday and Sunday July 4th and 5th from 11am–6pm. Admission is €8 pp per day (Children free). All gate profits to charity, Galway Simon Community, CBM Ireland and Claregalway Day Care Centre.
2015 Speakers Programme
- Dr Dilis Clare, Physician & Herbalist—Grow your own drugs; Hedgerow Foraging for Herbal Medicines
- Evelyn Cusack, Deputy Head of Forecasting, Met Éireann—Wonders of Meteorology explained (Questions welcomed)
- Anja Gohlke, Head Gardener Kylemore Abbey—The Resurrection of the Great Garden of Kylemore—and some insights for Gardeners on the Western Seaboard
- Klaus Laitenberger, Author, Garden Designer & Organic Veg
- Kitty Scully, Head Kitchen Gardener Airfield Estate—Pretty and Productive Gardening
- Jane Stark, Botanic Artist—The Painted Garden: Irish Botanical Artists, Past and Present
- Alice Taylor, Author and Gardener—The Gift of a Garden
- Carl Wright, Caher Bridge Garden, Garden Designer, Ecologist and Plant collector—A Plant for each month of the year; 12 brilliant plant for better gardens
Galway Garden Festival also offers a feast of outdoor melody with The Army Band of 2nd Command, St. Patricks Brass Band, The Troubador Mules, RTÉ ConTempo String Quartet (Galway Ensemble in residence), Galway Baytone, Colm Stride O’Brien, Silvermoon Jazz Band, Sonic Strings, University Hospital Choral Group and more.
Fanzini Brothers Circus Jukebox, The Gombeens, Your Mans Puppets, Maria Auletta, Medieval Combat Association Ireland and more.
An evening with internationally renowned Poet, Essayist and Memoirist John Montague preceded by RTÉ ConTempo String Quartet. Welcome reception at 7pm Saturday July 4th 2015. Booking essential—call 087 941 9274.
Rare and native plants, seeds, trees, garden furniture, tools, pots, sculptures and craft work can be viewed and bought at the many stands. Browse the bookshop and meet great gardeners. Enjoy delicious Artisan Food, freshly cooked. The Botanical Art Exhibition will feature works of Irish and English botanical Artists resident in Ireland. Courtesy Bus from Eyre Square Galway with Bus Éireann.