Posted by in News.


As pipe laying commenced earlier this week (Monday 7th Jan, 2013), for the major new sewerage scheme serving Claregalway, there will be additional traffic disruption on the busy N17 and N18 there for the next three months.

However, it is hoped to do some of the work at night and this may significantly reduce the tailbacks.

Pipe laying commenced on Monday and is continuing each weekday frm 9.30am to 3.30pm with a stop and go system in operation.

Cllr. Jim Cuddy says that discussions have taken place with the contractor for some of the work to be carried out at night and this should keep traffic delays to a minimum.

“Claregalway will be open for business during all this work and the area will benefit when the new sewerage scheme is in place.

“But in the meantime motorists should allow extra time for journeys n the N17 and N18 if passing through Claregalway during those times,” says Cllr. Cuddy.

While the pipe laying will take place on sections of both the N17 and N18 the work will not take place along both simultaneously as this would mean serious congestion.

Most of the traffic disruption will be on the N17 when the pipe laying takes place along the stretch of road at Claregalway bridge.

When work is finished on the Claregalway scheme the contractor will move on to carry out pipe laying on the Milltown Sewerage Scheme.

See update here.

 
Anything to add? Leave a comment

Tags: