“If you have the freedom to run, why not run for freedom?”
Support the PREDA-Galway Advocacy and Action For Exploited Children. PREDA is a Philippines based children’s charity which strives to free children from adult prisons and child exploitation. Damien Dempsey, Catherina McKiernan and Ray D’Arcy led a strong field of entrants at last year’s very successful “Run for Freedom” fun run in the Phoenix Park.
The PREDA 5k “Run For Freedom” 2013 will take place at the famed Ballybrit Racecourse in Galway on Saturday February the 23th at 12pm. Online registration on www.runireland.com is now open. Registration takes place in front of the main stand from 10am on the morning of the run. The run will be on the road surrounding the race track and will consist of two 2.5k laps.
Free beanie hat for the first 100 to register online. Refreshments available on the day. Profits from the fun run will be used to help with the rehabilitation of the rescued children and also to help promote the message of PREDA to a wider audience nationally.
We are delighted to again receive the support of Dublin musician Damien Dempsey and Irish athletic legend Catherina McKiernan providing you with a great opportunity to run with such inspirational figures and PREDA advocates. It promises be a memorable fun day out for people of all levels of fitness and ages. Entry to the racecourse is through the Ballybrit road entrance with plenty of free parking available.
We would like to thank our sponsors for their support in making this event possible:
- www.galwaybayfm.ie : Galway Bay FM radio
- www.advertiser.ie/galway : Galway Advertiser Newspaper
- www.monroes.ie : Monroes Live Music Venue, Galway
- www.astrobay.ie : Astrobay sports facility, Galway
- www.thewestern.ie : The Western Hotel, Galway
- www.carambola.ie : Healthy Schools lunch provider
- www.tigcoili.com : Tig Coili Irish music bar, Galway
- www.galwayraces.com : Galway Racecourse committee