The Oranmore Maree Volunteer Awards committee will host its second ever Awards Night on Sunday December 6th in the Galway Bay Golf and Country Club at 7pm.
Speaking after the announcement of the new recipients of the Volunteer Awards, founding member Senator Fidelma Healy Eames said ‘This will be a wonderful opportunity to recognise and thank thirteen (13) local recipients* from the parish of Oranmore Maree for their voluntary work and commitment to making the community and lives of others in our parish more meaningful. Each of the recipients is excited and chuffed at being selected. We look forward to recognising their contribution together.
There has been a lot of work and engagement of people locally in the course of 2015 to arrive at the announcement of our Award recipients. I would like to thank the people who made the nominations. Without their putting in the time to writing up the case, our local heroes would not be recognised! I want to especially thank fellow members of our voluntary committee and not-for-profit group—Lily Considine, Susan Royston, Ray Clarke and Annabell Fitzgerald—for sharing the vision of this Volunteer Awards programme and investing their time and effort to ensure it happened.
We would be delighted if previous recipients of the Inaugural Oranmore Maree Volunteer Awards made contact to assist us with the presentations on the Night.
Tickets for the Awards Night are €10 each and are available in Grealys shop (Maree) and at Spar (Bluebell Woods, Oranmore) or by calling my office on 091 792 017. Each Award Recipient is encouraged to bring a table of family and friends who will want to support their achievement. People may wish to contact the Award recipients personally to express their support.
This is a unique night for our parish of Oranmore Maree. I know the Galway Bay Golf and Country Club want to make it extra special too. Local group Cúig Phunt have kindly offered to be our entertainment on the Night and we will have an inspirational address from our very special guest, Ronan Scully.
*Oranmore Maree Volunteer Award Recipients 2015
- Citizenship/ Inclusion Award—Regina Cannon, Oranmore
- Community Involvement Award—Maureen Murphy, Moneymore
- Community Involvement (Fund Raising)—Marie McGrath, Oranbeg
- Community Involvement (Youth)—Maree NS (Parents’ committee)
- Environment Award—Michael Monaghan, Maree
- Heritage Award—Kathleen Cannon, Moneymore
- Inspiring Young Person Award—Liam Burke, Aphouleen, Maree
- Not-for-Profit Award—Louie Casserley & Civil Defence, Mountain West, Oranmore
- Older Persons Award—Clare Conneely & Cáirde Le Chéile, Maree
- Long Standing Contribution to Older People Award—Rita Furey, Oranmore
- Special Needs/Advocacy—Dr Dearbhala Fadden, Glenascaul, Oranmore
- Sports Club Award (Coach)—Angela Moran, Camogie, Maree
- Youth Work Award—Feis na nÓg, Oranmore-Maree