Support for Local Community Groups are as follows:
Galway Rural Development aims to support the development of new and existing local community groups through the following supports:
- Grant aid is available to local community groups that are engaging with GRD Local Community Group (LCG) supports. A maximum grant of €1,500 at a maximum rate of 100% is available and the closing date for the grants will be the 31st of May 2019.
- Training such as First Aid Response, Manual Handling, Farm Safety, Abrasive Wheel, Pesticide Training, Keeping the Community Informed, Graphic Design Workshop, Governance Training, Data Security, Getting your Community Group online, Financial Policy and Procedures will be organised for community groups.
- Equipment such as 3 PAs, PCs and Projectors can be lent to LCG’s in County Galway.
- LCGs will be given the opportunity to have their profile page drawn up on our www.igaillimh.ie website. This will provide opportunities for local community groups to network with other community groups in Galway County.
- Members of community groups will have access to GRD’s micro online courses such as:
|DATA PROTECTION||GDPR Level 1
GDPR Level 2
|CORPORATE GOVERNANCE||BoardPASS 365 (Governance Management System)
Board Directors Guide to Running a Company Limited by Guarantee
Committee Roles and Responsibilities
The Role of Chairperson (Non-Profits)
The Role of Company Secretary
|FINANCE AND BUSINESS PLANNING||Guide to Financial Policies and Procedures
Quick Guide to Developing Business Plans
|HUMAN RESOURCES||Employing Staff – Policies and Procedures
Managing Work Placement Participants
|MARKETING & DIGITAL COMMUNITCATIONS||Social Media – Getting Started
Writing Website Content
Creating Visual Content and Graphic Designs
Using Digital Marketing Effectively
Tutor-Led Online Digital Marketing Programme(This course is mainly for Social Enterprises)
Principles of Customer Service
Growing Trading Income