Posted on in News

Tagged:

To stop future flooding across North Galway from Corofin to Headford, and beyond, requires opening all 16 sluice gates on the River Corrib in Galway City from September to March according to a number of local representatives. Co Councillors in the Oranmore/Athenry area are demanding that the office of Public Works (OPW) open the gates after… Read more »

Posted on in News

Tagged:

A major flood alleviation scheme on the Clare River is to commence in the next two weeks. Commenting, Deputy Hildegarde Naughton, TD for Galway West/South Mayo said; “The people of Claregalway and surrounds have just passed the six year anniversary of the flooding that left the area devastated and homes uninhabitable.” “Having spent time in… Read more »

Posted on in News

Tagged:

Claregalway Flood Relief Works to proceed as Department signs off on new environmental impact assessment Fine Gael TD for Galway West and Mayo South Seán Kyne has today (Tuesday) welcomed confirmation from the Office of Public Works’ Minister, Simon Harris that the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform has signed off on the environmental review… Read more »

Posted on in News

Tagged:

Delayed flood relief works under the Claregalway scheme are set to progress. It has been confirmed by the OPW Minister Simon Harris has told the Dáil he is about to sign off on the environmental review which has delayed works on the Claregalway Flood Relief Scheme. EU requirements for an environmental impact statement on such works… Read more »

Posted on in News

Tagged:

The Government is set to sign off on the environmental review which has delayed works on the long awaited €7 million Claregalway Flood Relief Scheme. That was confirmed to local Deputy Sean Kyne by the Office of Public Works’ Minister, Simon Harris in the Dáil last week. The Galway West Deputy had raised the issue,… Read more »

Posted on in News

Tagged:

Fine Gael TD for Galway West and Mayo South Seán Kyne has today (Thursday) welcomed confirmation from the Office of Public Works’ Minister, Simon Harris that the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform will this month sign off on the environmental review which has delayed works on the Claregalway Flood Relief Scheme. Deputy Kyne raised… Read more »

Posted on in News

Tagged:

Galway is bracing itself for the arrival of the highest tides the city has seen in over eighteen years, with serious risk of flooding predicted this month. The high tides are expected from Sunday 27th of September. Preparations have already begun to protect the city and the new aquadam will be deployed at the Spanish Arch in… Read more »

Posted on in News

Tagged:

A long awaited river drainage scheme which is set to alleviate flooding in the Claregalway area has been given the go-ahead by the Government, with work set to be carried out this year. The Minister of State with responsibility for the Office of Public Works (OPW), Brian Hayes TD, has confirmed that funding has been put… Read more »

Posted on in News

Tagged:

Galway Senator Fidelma Healy Eames highlights that the aid provided by the Department of Social Protection to assist people affected by recent flooding is more timely and generous compared with previous schemes. It takes cognisance of the fact that climate change is a reality and that homes and families must be supported quickly and efficiently…. Read more »

Posted on in News

Tagged:

Works to go ahead this year with Office of Public Works to tender project. Galway West/Mayo South Deputy Sean Kyne has this morning welcomed the assurance from Minister of State with responsibility for the OPW, Brian Hayes, TD that the River Clare Drainage Scheme at Claregalway will be carried out in 2014. Commented Deputy Kyne:… Read more »

Page 1 of 3123