Galway Rural Development Co Ltd is organising four courses in Community Planning to assist members of community and voluntary groups to develop and sustain active and interested groups, plan projects and events and lobby and advocate on behalf of their groups.
The courses will be delivered around the county in the four areas where most interest is identified.
Do you find it difficult to keep your group going and keep your members involved? Then this short course is for you.
Develop the Skills to maintain an active and committed community group.
The training programmes will be 12 hours in duration.
Those interested in participating should indicate their preference in regard to scheduling of the course and the general area—options are as follows:
- Thursday evenings: 7–10pm. Commencing either September 25th or October 23rd (four weeks duration).
- Friday mornings: 10am–1pm. Dates to be confirmed (four weeks duration).
- Two full days: Fridays 10am–5pm. Dates to be confirmed (two days duration).
Venues will be selected based on the level of demand in the general area.
The course will cover the following areas:
- How groups work and develop. How to improve your meetings and generate ideas to sustain an energized group.
- Ensure good communications, how to keep everyone in the loop, identify changes needed, lobby and advocate on behalf of your group.
- Plan—how to make things happen, how to develop a plan, how to know if it is working, how to evaluate the group’s work
The maximum number of participants will be twelve per course.
The above courses are free to participants but places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Download the application form here.
Or for more information contact: Mairéad O’Reilly, Galway Rural Development Co Ltd, Mellows Campus, Athenry, Co Galway on 091 844335, 087 7635209 or email [email protected].