Where: Rossinver, Co. Leitrim
When: 17th July 11am – 5pm
- “Peat free compost” with head gardener Julia Lehmann and information by The Irish Peatland Council.
- Launch of “Organic gardening is simple” by award winning gardener Jill Scott from Fermanagh
- Cooking demonstration in the barn with fresh organic vegetables from the garden by guest chef Neven Maguire from McNean House and Restaurant Blacklion
Tickets: Only €7, concession €4, members and children free
- Hans Wieland will tour the centre’s polytunnels and give advice on how to use this wonderful invention to maximum benefit.
- Market gardener Mary O’Connell will give gardening advice.
- Compost games
- Spot the seeds
- How to grow and use herbs
- Demonstration on spoon carving
- Information about The Irish Wildlife Trust
- Information on Organic School Gardens by SEED
- Artist Heidi Wickham will conduct “vegetable felting workshops” for all the family.
- The Grass Roof Café will be open for sumptuous summer dishes.