Claregalway Drama Festival which has been held annually since 1982 is currently finalising preparations for the 1998 festival which runs from Sunday, the 8th March to Friday, the 20th March.
As always, a full program of entertaining plays has been arranged. A new feature this year which should prove extremely popular with the children of the area is the presentation of a Puppet Show on Friday the 13th March.
The Annual Primary School Table Quiz will take place on Sunday the 1st March at 3 p.m. in the Leisure Centre. Entry fee is £5.00 per table with five children participating.
A full list of the plays is listed hereunder:
- Sunday 8th—Big Maggie—Allen Little Theatre
- Monday 9th—Murder in the Cathedral—Holycross/Ballycahill
- Tuesday 10th—Equus—Ennis Players
- Wednesday 11th—Blood Wedding—Athenry Players
- Thursday 12th—Sive—Kilkee Drama Group
- Friday 13th—Puppet Show
- Saturday 14th—The Gentle Island—Doonbeg Drama Group
- Sunday 15th—Belfry—The Corn Mill Theatre Co.
- Monday 16th—I do not like thee Dr. Fell—Icharas Players
- Tuesday 17th—The Power of Darkness—Glenamaddy Players
- Wednesday 18th—The Steward of Christendom—Coolera Dramatic Society
- Thursday 19th—Flight to Grosse Ile—Nenagh Players
- Friday 20th—Sharon’s Grave—Boystown Players