Claregalway 17th Annual Festival of Drama continues until the 20th of March. The highlight of the Festival for the young people of the Parish will be the Puppet Show The Emperor & the Nightingale by Hans Christian Andersen on the 13th. This will be performed by Galway Puppet Co. Admission £2.
The plays for the remainder of the Festival are as follows:
- Sunday 8th—Big Maggie—Allen Little Theatre
- Monday 9th—Murder in the Cathedral—Holycross/Ballycahill
- Tuesday 10th—Equus—Ennis Players
- Wednesday 11th—Blood Wedding—Athenry Players
- Thursday 12th—Sive—Kilkee Drama Group
- Friday 13th—Puppet Show “The Emperor & the Nightingale”
- Saturday 14th—The Gentle Island—Doonbeg Drama Group
- Sunday 15th—Belfry—The Corn Mill Theatre Co.
- Monday 16th—I do not like thee Dr. Fell—Icharas Players
- Tuesday 17th—The Power of Darkness—Glenamaddy Players
- Wednesday 18th—The Steward of Christendom—Coolera Dramatic Society
- Thursday 19th—Flight to Grosse Ile—Nenagh Players
- Friday 20th—Sharon’s Grave—Boystown Players
Admission: £4.00. Doors open at 8.00 p.m. Curtain rises at 8.30 p.m. and 8.00 p.m. on Closing Night.