Are you a Community Activist/ Volunteer or person interested in being more active in your Community in County Galway, East of the Corrib? Then this short course (FETAC Level 6) is for you.
It provides participants with an opportunity to identify core skills and gain practical knowledge towards action. The aim of the course is to enable volunteers to drive change in their communities. By the end of the course you should feel comfortable and confident leading a team in a variety of different situations.
Develop the Skills to work effectively in your Community & beyond:
- Know and understand what Active Citizenship is
- Gain confidence to engage effectively creating change
- Be able to work through conflict resolution
- Engage in the decision-making process at various levels
- Understand lobbying and its process
- Learn and map out the next step as citizens working together for change.
Duration: 6 full day workshops
Dates: September 14th, 21st & 28th Oct 12th & 26th & November 9th
Participants are required to have: a good standard of English and/or be educated to a Leaving Cert standard or the equivalent through Life Experience.
Places are limited to 20 (10 places are available to those residing in the Gaeltacht areas surrounding Claregalway (Claregalway, Annaghdown, Carnmore, Carrowbrowne, and parts of Ballintemple, Lackaghbeg).
To apply contact Ann Flynn or Mairéad O’Reilly, Galway Rural Development, on 091 844335 or email [email protected].
The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday, 2nd of September 2013 at 4pm.