Make your community a safer place
- For your neighbour
- For your children
- For older people
- For vulnerable people
- For you, Your Family
- And your home
Community Alert is a community programme organised by voluntary groups in association with Muintir na TIre and An Garda Síochána.
What can you do?
- Get to know your neighbours, particularly those living alone and be a good neighbour to them. Call in and visit, run an errand – it’s the small things and the human contact that count.
- Be Alert – if you see somebody or a vehicle acting suspiciously in your area, call the Gardaí.
- Keep an eye on your property and that of your neighbours – help to prevent vandalism and theft.
- Be aware of other safety initiatives.
Your community needs you – play your part.
What else can you Do?
- If you live in a Community Alert Area, make contact with your local Garda or committee member and find out how you can help.
- If you have no Community Alert Group in your area, why not start one – contact your local Garda or the Muintir na Tire Community Alert Development Officer.
Be Active, Be Alert, Be Involved
- Community Alert is about creating and maintaining a caring community.
- Community Alert aims to allay fear and reduce feelings of isolation.
- Community Alert is about partnership with you and the other voluntary agencies in your community.
For further information, advice and service please contact: www.muintir.ie www.garda.ie email: [email protected]
or contact your local Garda Station.
In case of emergency dial 999 or 112.
The reflective jackets can be purchased in Glynn’s Centra, Carnmore for €5.
(Photos by Josette Farrell)