A Monster Craft Fair was held in the Leisure Centre on Sunday 19th November.
This was a new venture for the committee and was undertaken with some trepidation. However, thanks to the hard work and enthusiasm of everyone involved, the event proved to be a huge success.
All the available exhibition space was taken up, with a total of 40 stalls displaying a huge variety of crafts—candles, ironcraft, woodcraft, decoupage etc.
The organisers ran a cake sale and raffle which were highly successful. The face painting, hair braiding, nail art, lucky dip etc. for the young people attracted a steady interest for the duration of the entire day. Refreshments were served and the seasonal decoration of the venue all combined to present the centre in a totally new light.
The committee would like to thank all those who came along to help out both on the day, and in the preparation and clean up of the hall. A special thanks to the sponsors of the raffle—Cregmore Construction, Potbelly’s, Hughes and Centra, and to those who helped in any way, baking cakes, supplying tables etc.
The event attracted people from far and wide, as well as locals and hopefully we will see this venture repeated next year.
Prize-winners for draw held in conjunction with Claregalway Craft Fair in the Centre—Sunday 19th November
- 1st Prize Hi-fi—sponsored by Cregmore Construction, Liam Egan
- 2nd Prize Hamper of Drinks, Mary Cribbin
- 3rd Prize Decoupage picture, Emma Grealish
- 4th Prize Meal for 2 in Potbelly’s Restaurant, Claregalway, Tom Storan
- 5th Prize Bottle of Whiskey, Darren Grealish
- 6th Prize Presentation set of 2 bottle of wine, Aoife Newell