A new park-and-ride service between Galway Airport and Galway city centre starts on Monday 13th of May 2013.
For this pilot service, buses will run between the airport and Galway Coach Station, with no intermediate stops.
The service is being operated by Farrell Travel, under their BusLink brand.
Buses will leave from the airport, Monday–Friday:
- Every 20 minutes between 7:20am and 9am
- Every 30 minutes between 9am and 4pm
- Every 20 minutes between 4pm and 6pm
Buses will leave from the Galway Coach Station, Monday–Friday:
- Every 20 minutes between 7:45am and 9:05am
- Every 30 minutes between 9:30am and 4pm
- Every 20 minutes between 4pm and 6:40pm
There is no service at the weekend (Sat–Sun) or on bank holidays.
Parking at the airport is free.
Bus travel costs:
- €2 per trip per person
- €4 return ticket per person
- €17.50 per weekly ticket per person
- €5 for a Family Day Return ticket (Minimum is 1 adult and 2 kids under 16 years old)
- €68 Monthly return ticket per person
The TaxSaver scheme applies—provided your employer has joined it.
You do not need to park at the airport to use the bus-service: Carnmore residents, and others who are dropped off at the airport, are welcome to use the service.
The airport car-park has capacity for 600 cars. Cars cannot be left overnight at the airport.
Note: this is a six month pilot service, supported by Galway Chamber of Commerce. It will be reviewed in November 2013.