Dear Claregalway GAA Club Supporters,
We would like to update and inform you that the Sports Capital Grant of €132k is coming on stream and we have been approved to use it to do the following:
- Turn Pitch 2 into a winter training pitch with complete drainage system installed
- Provide flood lighting on this pitch
- Continue and complete walkway around this pitch and join up to existing sections
- Layout and seed Pitch 3 (the one in the middle)
- Associated minor works e.g. cabling etc. associated with all of above
What we need to do as a club
In order to draw down this grant we need to have back-up funds of approximately €40k. Following a large meeting of club members in the new centre at Knockdoemore it was decided to make every effort to gather these funds in the coming few months so as not to lose the €132,000, as it was considered a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to avail of this level of funding rewarded.
What is happening now?
The following new initiatives have been proposed, football camps, Club 5k event in September, Cycle event and white collar boxing. Details of first event below:
- Football Camp: 5 Day Camp 10am–2.30pm
For ages 6–12 years in Claregalway GAA Knockdoemore grounds, Claregalway. Takes place from 17th–21st of August. €40 per child, €35 for 2nd child, €30 for third. Download an application form here.
- Football Camp: 3 Day Camp 10am–2.30pm
Teenage Camp for ages 13–15 years in Claregalway GAA Lakeview grounds, Claregalway. Takes place from 17–19th of August. €40 per child, €35 for 2nd child, €30 for third. Download an application form here.
For details contact Margaret Kearney on 087 204 4158. Other ideas are all welcome and we meet on Tuesdays in the clubhouse in Lakeview at 9pm to review.
Check our Facebook for updates at Claregalway Football Club. We look forward to your continued support.
Chair of Fundraising
087 670 7297