- Perfectionists are realistic, conscientious, and principled. They strive to live up to their high ideals.
- Helpers are warm, concerned, nurturing, and sensitive to other people’s needs.
- Achievers are energetic, optimistic, self-assured, and goal oriented.
- Romantics have sensitive feelings and are warm and perceptive.
- Observers have a need for knowledge and are introverted, curious, analytical, and insightful.
- Questioners are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative.
- Adventurers are energetic, lively, and optimistic. They want to contribute to the world.
- Asserters are direct, self-reliant, self-confident and protective.
- Peacemakers are receptive, good-natured and supportive. They seek union with others and the world around them
The Enneagram is a study of the nine basic types of people. It explains why we behave the way we do, and it points to specific directions for individual growth. It is an important tool for improving relationships with family, friends, and co-workers.
Note: As mentioned in a recent issue of Nuacht Chláir, if you get an opportunity, I would thoroughly recommend you to do an Enneagram course. I have just completed Part 3 of the course and already looking forward to Part 4. —Josette